Friday, September 6, 2013

KD's Righteous Summer

Or What KD Should've Written This Summer


Seriously, that last post was last November and I hardly know what month we're in now. The first part of 2013 saw me working nearly everyday. It's a nice gig, and a lot of fun most days, but any time that could have been spent writing was spent resting instead. When the summer time came - along with my off-season - and I was able to do more things of such nature my time was spent traveling, hanging out, seeing sights and taking in views.

Hence, the title, you see. It really was a pretty cool summer. Even temperature-wise, it was mild this year. Other than the obligatory heat wave near mid-July. But how pleasant of Mother Nature to then give us the chance to live in San Diego for the first half of August? Really. It was appreciated.

And speaking of appreciation, how about you guys out there in the vastness of Teh Internetz? I curiously looked through the stats of the page since I last visited some months ago. Almost 200 hits this summer alone. Which, I'm sure doesn't sound like much but take into account these two facts: 1) This is a little start-up blog by some punk-ass kid from Missouri with no real theme or direction. 2) I didn't post anything all Summer. That's some pretty good stuff. And upon seeing this, I'm all the more sure of the direction I'm about to take.

It's been a good year so far, and I've been getting better but I'd like to take that just another step further. So, in the interest of stepping up my game, I'll also be stepping up my platform and taking The Bay with it. No decisions yet on where the next HQ will be; many logistics to be worked out still. But the plan is already in motion because, frankly, my presentation needs some work. In addition, there are also plans for a KD the Ghostwriter website. Featuring yours truly and hopefully being an adequate platform for the stories, pictures, audio and perhaps even video(?) that would follow.

Until then, you can follow my newly revamped Tumblr page found here. It's used as most Tumblr pages would, I suppose. The usual reblogging of cool photos and clips along with the occasional reposting of links to projects of my own accord or some other mathematical individual.

But don't think I'm done with this page just yet. No sir. I began establishing my online presence by writing reviews. Mostly to movies I saw but also games and shows and more recently albums. And to pay homage both to my "roots" so to speak and to make up for lost time here at the Bad Wolf Bay, here is the plan.

Over the next few days, I will go down the rest of my queue and complete every piece that hasn't already been finished as well as punch-up the ones that have. This will include reviews/breakdowns of:

Pacific Rim


The Great Gatsby


Star Trek: Into Darkness


 Fast 6


Assassin's Creed III


Tomb Raider (2013)


Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time


Get Jiro


 Random Access Memories


Yeezus


The Wolverine


 Shingeki no Kyojin [Attack on Titan]


 The World's End


Is that all? Who knows? I've probably seen more but that list right there should keep me busy enough. My aim is to make this a sort of literary adventure by posting each piece in a semi-thematic order. Not unlike the pub crawl found in the last item on this list, The World's End.

I'll do my best to get this out in a timely manner. As well as come correct with my future plans as well. It's all about improvement people. Thanks for your time, today and down the road. I hope you join me when I make the jump because I'm not gonna miss editing on Blogger at all.

~KDG

No comments:

Post a Comment